Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k – A Camera That You Would Love!
Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k camera is a smaller and handheld device that can amazingly record high-quality cinematic pictures with its 4.6K super 35mm, sensor featuring 15 dynamic ranges. Featuring an ergonomic structure, it is a balanced and is ideal for different forms of filmmaking. It features a PL mount that works well with several famous lenses; hence, opens up several aesthetic options to users. The integrated rosette at its side supports the side handle that also controls stop/starts through LANC connection.
To create cinematic photography, the Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k records clear sensor data to its CinemaDNG format at CFast 2.0 SD cards at 60 fps. All the raw pictures would have the complete dynamic range with colour tonality solution from its sensor to allow more control on the appearance after the production. In addition, Ursa Mini 4.6k offers 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of compression for the compressed raw files to grow storage space and retain after-production flexibility.
It records 1080 p and 3840 x 2160 UHD videos with ProRes files with different flavours at 422 – 444 subsampling chroma variation as per the workflow. As the camera records long duration videos by using switch cards in case memory is full.
Technical specifications and features of Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k
The best part about this camera is that it has a good resolution and a great dynamic range. This camera had the capability to capture 4608 x 2592 pixels which were way larger than the resolution of the 4K Cinema. When the recording was done RAW, the user was allowed to get nearly 15 stops of dynamic range and the record can go up to 120fps at 1080p and 60fps at 4.6K. But when the recording was done in the CinemaDNG RAW, the image would be captured at 16-bit, and other formats would go at 12-bit. The other included formats were 444, ProRes 444 XQ, 422, 422 HQ, Proxy and 422 LT.
Other features are-
- Compressed Raw Recording
- A hand-held compact camera device
- Super-35mm CMOS Sensor
- Dual CFast 2.0 Memory Card Slots
- Ready-to-Edit ProRes 444 + 422 Recording
- Timecode, 12G-SDI Output and REF Input
- Touchscreen Interface
- 1080p Flip-Out Screen
- Audio Inputs of 2x XLR with Phantom Power
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- Professional connections
- Great sound recording
- Multi-power options
- DaVinci resolve program integrated to this system
Pros of Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k-
- Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k undoubtedly has an incredible dynamic range.
- Moreover, there are many hardware configurations that can be put to use on cradled, shoulder or on a tripod.
- The camera has a nice looking menu and there are many recording format options.
- This camera is kind of affordable along with the accessories too.
Cons of Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k-
- A Built-in ND is what this camera needs.
- Also, a grip from sideways would really come as a bonus from an aperture dial.
- If the camera had the ability to move the LCD all the way around, it would have been a great deal.
- A need for more switches is what it needs in key places like in the LCD, on the side grip etc.
A final verdict on Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k
Black Magic Ursa Mini 4.6k is one of its kinds; it’s the beast among all its counterparts. The image captured by this camera is awe-striking. The camera can be regarded as very versatile and can find its place right in on or during a proper film shoot, or while working in the field with one or two people run and gun type projects. The URSA Mini 4.6K has picked up and improved upon with some numerous RAW or Log images, compelling features in a low-cost combination, and adaptability for filmmakers. Now if you are the one who wishes to get those best images then taking this one is the best thing to do for your next shoot but before that happens, the user has to make sure that he or she learns to use the same properly. Although there are few shortcomings, yet for the speciality features and advanced technology of this camera, you do not need to think twice to buy this product.