Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Quick OverviewCanon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens Product Highligths: Full-Frame Format /EF Mount LensAperture Range is f/1.8 to f/22Optimized Lens CoveringsManual Focus OverrideSTM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AFMetal Lens MountedRounded 7-Blade Di...
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Full-Frame Format /EF Mount Lens
- Aperture Range is f/1.8 to f/22
- Optimized Lens Coverings
- Manual Focus Override
- STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF
- Metal Lens Mounted
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Min Focus Distance: 14"
One of the most flexible focal lengths offered, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens from Canon joins this classic lens design with improvements to the AF system and material design that make it both more rapidly and smaller. Using an STM stepping motor, this lens is best for both motionless and video shooting due to its quick and smooth operation. More benefitting video shooters, the STM motor also supports the Movie Servo AF mode on select DSLRs for exact and close to silent focusing. An upgraded external design includes a metal lens mounted and a relocated focusing ring to contain the compact overall form factor. The 50mm f/1.8 is a typical, practically tested lens design, and thanks to improved autofocus and a svelte profile, this lens is best for daily shooting in a wide number of conditions.
The optical design of this lens integrates optimized coatings that help to decrease flare & ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality. The f/1.8 maximum aperture is effective when shooting in low light environment also for controlling the focus plane for choosy focus shooting. 7 rounded diaphragm blades more develop the look of out of focus areas in an image, building it well-suited to portraiture and inventive environmental shooting.
- Standard prime 50mm lens is considered for use on whole frame EOS DSLR, on the other hand can it also be used with APS-C-sized sensors where it will offer an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Express f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits functioning in comparatively darker environment and also allows exact control over focus plane while working with selective focus techniques. 7 rounded diaphragm blades further contribute to pleasing out of focus class with superficial depth of field imagery.
- A gear-type STM stepping motor is included into the design of lens to provide immediate, smooth, and near to silent autofocus performance. In addition to this, this focusing system also joins up well with EOS cameras featuring the Move Servo AF mode to allow permanent focusing performance while working in live view.
- Permanent manual focus override is existing for fine-tuning your focus position for careful focus applications.
- Optimized lens coverings help out to suppress lens flaring and ghosting for better contrast and more color-neutral imagery.
- A better exterior design characterizes a metal lens mounted for strength as well as a relocated focusing ring to keep a compact 2.7 x 1.5" form factor.
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.8 Minimum: f/22|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor Canon (APS-C)|
|Angle of View||46°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||14" (35.56 cm)|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.7 x 1.6" (68.58 x 40.64 mm)|
|Weight||5.7 oz (162 g)|
|Package Weight||0.65 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.45 x 4.18 x 4.15"|