Nikon NIKKOR 50mm f/1.2 Lens Price & Specs
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Manual Focus Design
- 9-Blade Diaphragm
Nikon NIKKOR 50mm f/1.2 Lens Overview
Distinguished by its speed, the NIKKOR 50mm f/1.2 from Nikon is a manual focus prime featuring a versatile normal focal length. Well-suited to portraiture, among other subjects, the impressive f/1.2 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field for using selective focus. The manual focus design offers precise control for working with subjects as close as 1.7' away and engraved depth of field and focus scaled benefit working with pre-focus and zone focusing techniques. Additionally, a nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Prime normal-length lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however is also suitable for DX models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally fast f/1.2 maximum aperture enables isolating subjects using shallow depth of field and also suits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.7' away.
- Nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.