IFootage Cobra 2 Strike Telescopic Monopod Price & Specs
- Load Capacity: 17.6 lb
- Max Height: 59.1"
- Folded Height: 31.9"
- Aluminum Column with Three Sections
Key Features of Komodo K5 Fluid Head
- Material: Aluminium alloy
- Weight: 0.76kg
- Loading: 5kg
- Height: 98mm
- Base diameter: 60mm
- Base screw thread: UNC 3/8-16
- Mounting screw: UNC 1/4-20
iFootage Cobra 2 Strike Telescopic Monopod Overview
With a four-part design that enables several possible arrangements, the Cobra 2 Strike from iFootage is a telescopic monopod made with versatility in mind. Its main component is a three-section aluminum column, which extends and retracts via a twist lock. Complementing it is a quick release camera mount at the top, and a low-angle support pod and removable rubber foot at the bottom. Together these pieces support equipment up to 17.6 lb and allow for 90° tilting that is useful for low angle shots.
When all its parts are connected and the column is extended, the monopod weighs 3 lb and reaches a maximum height of 59.1" that is useful for general work; it can be collapsed down to 31.9" to reach lower angles or for easy transport. Having the bottom pod connected allows you to use its metal feet at three different angles for independent support, freeing your hands to perform other tasks. Switching that pod for the rubber foot transforms the Cobra 2 Strike into a regular monopod, while getting rid of the column and connecting the camera mount directly into the pod makes for a fixed support that is great for getting low angle shots.
The top section of the monopod is a quick release mount, which can be easily inserted or detached via a sliding lock. Its screw is composed of a 3/8"-16 thread around the outside, which is an independent part and can be pushed down to reveal a 1/4"-20 inner thread. This reversible design makes the Cobra 2 compatible with a large range of photo and video gear. Included with the product is a carrying bag so you can safely transport all its parts between shoots.
- Monopod with four parts, configurable in three different positions: column and pod for hands-free support, column only for handheld use, and pod only for low-angle shooting
- Compatible with equipment weighing up to 17.6 lb and that uses a 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 threaded mount
- Main column made of aluminum alloy for durability and temperature resistance, uses three sections operated via a twist lock to extend to up to 59.1" in height
- Complete system with all its parts can be tilted up to 90°, and features a collapsed height of 31.9" and weight of 3 lb
- Low-angle pod has three feet that can be set at 20, 50, and 78° angles
- Removable rubber foot goes below the pod and helps prevent slipping in smooth surfaces
- Sliding lock used for quick release mount, can be pushed up to fasten the head or pushed down to release it from the column
iFootage Komodo K5 Overview
Constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, the Komodo K5 Fluid Head from iFootage is durable, compact, easy to carry. The entire main body is smooth to the touch and is protected from corrosion and wear through anodic oxidation treatment. The main body also has an easy-accessible integrated bulls eye spirit level, allowing you to quickly check important verticals and horizontals. With standard 3/8" mount, it is suitable for all tripods and monopods.
The built-in patented high-precision bearing mechanism and original designed bearing mechanism ensures smoothness of camera movement. The tilt and pan movements are smooth and can be quickly locked off and on, thanks to iFootage's patented fluid-head design. The quick release camera plate attachment and locking system is easy to use. The camera safety lock quickly locks the camera plate to the head.
- Load capacity up to 11 lb with 5.3 lb of rebound force
- Quick and simple leveling
- Fully adjustable foam grip arm can be operated on either side of the head
- Security anti-pin prevents the equipment sliding over and falling from the unlocked quick release plate
- Bubble spirit level
- Built-in balance spring to help to support the equipment's weight
- Precise CNC machined structure provides lightweight but solid structure
- High-quality anodized black finish
- Low temperature resistance