Insta360 ONE R Twin Edition Price & Specs
- Modular Action Cam & 360 Camera System
- Core Module, 4K Mod, Dual-Lens 360 Mod
- Battery Base, 3-Prong Mounting Frame
- Front/Rear-Facing Screen; 16' Waterproof
The Insta360 ONE R Twin Edition is one of the key configurations of the modular ONE R action camera system. The Twin Edition includes the Core module, 4K Wide Angle Mod, Dual-Lens 360 Mod, and the necessary Battery Base that holds the modules together. The Core module, which is the brain, and any other module of your choice, mount side by side on the Battery Base. The different modules can be swapped in interchangeably next to the Core module. A 1" Wide Angle Mod, which captures 5.3K resolution video, is also available, sold separately, and can be swapped in. The ONE R allows you to approach different applications with one system.
The Battery Base has electronic contacts that connect two modules to work together as one. Also included is a mounting frame with a standard 3-prong action cam mount. The entire setup fits into the frame in a compact form. This way it can be attached to various support accessories, including dedicated ones that were designed specifically for this ONE R system. All the modules, including the Battery Base, are waterproof down to 16'. Additionally, optional dive cases are available should you want to go deeper in the water.
The Core module has a touchscreen live-view display and controls. When used with the 4K Mod, the live-view screen can be set up as front- or rear-facing. This way you can shoot standard 4K video as well as selfie and vlog videos. The 4K Mod also has FlowState Stabilization so your recordings come out smoother.
With the 360 Mod set up, the Core module's live screen can be swiped in all directions to see your shot from all angles and get a full 360° preview. Whereas many other 360 cameras only allow such a preview in a mobile app, the ONE R system provides it in-camera as well as in the companion app.
The ONE R app is provided as a free download for iOS and Android. One of its key features is a set of intuitive auto-editing functions, including for 360 content.
Other features of the ONE R include support for remote Bluetooth control from an Apple Watch or dedicated Insta360 GPS smart remote, both sold separately. The innovative, modular system also offers external mic support via an optional Insta360 USB Type-C to 3.5mm Adapter.
- Core module with a touchscreen live-view display
- 4K Wide Angle Mod with FlowState Stabilization
- Dual-Lens 360 Mod
- Battery Base
- Mounting frame with 3-prong action cam mount
- iOS/Android companion app
- Interchangeable modular action cam and 360 camera system
- When using the 4K Mod, the live-view screen on the Core module can be set up as front- or rear-facing, so you can shoot selfie and vlog videos
- When the 360 Mod is set up, the Core module's live screen can be swiped in all directions
- Waterproof down to 16' (optional dive cases supported)
- Support for remote Bluetooth control from an Apple Watch or dedicated Insta360 GPS smart remote
- External mic support
- H.265 encoding
- Key App Features
- Auto Editing
- With a single tap on the "FlashCut" button, the ONE R iOS/Android app analyzes your footage using AI image recognition, cuts it, and combines it into a story. From there, you can tweak the result or export it right away.
Tracking & Voice Control
Point to track lets you track your subject in full 360 without ever touching your camera or doing any editing. Just point your camera at your subject and say, "Mark that". The ONE R picks up on your voice and tracks your target. Even if the target disappears from view behind an obstacle, the ONE R resumes tracking when the subject is back in the frame. Alternatively, voice control also lets you start/stop recording and take photos.
Capture starlight trails across the sky in a time-lapse fashion.
The ONE R can detect your posture down to individual limbs and use that for editing. An example of this is the Stop-Motion feature. When this feature is selected, your body stays static while the video changes around you.
Features like Night Mode and HDR allow you to capture video and photos in tough lighting and dark environments.