Nikon AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF Lens Price & Specs
- F Mount Lens/ FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
- Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Internal Focusing Technology
Nikon AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF Lens Overview
A favorite among portraitists, the AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF Lens from Nikon is an FX format prime telephoto lens with a very fast f/1.4 maximum aperture. Its wide aperture enables effective low light capture and shallow depth of field control. Its internal focus technology creates an optical system in which only the internal lens elements move during focus, allowing a compact build, precise use of front end filters and fast, accurate autofocus. An A-M mode lever switches easily from manual focus to auto focus modes and the lens provides a manual aperture ring.
Nikon's Super Integrated Lens Coating improves light transmission for reduced flare and ghosting and the lens’ rounded nine-blade diaphragm creates a more attractive, background blur effect.
Autofocus is not supported by D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300 cameras--lens may be used with manual focus only. Be sure to check your camera's lens-compatibility information before selecting a new lens.
- A medium telephoto lens often preferred for portraiture provides a fast f/1.4 maximum aperture for sharp low light imaging and effective shallow depth of field control. As an FX format lens, it is also compatible with DX format DSLRs, offering a 127.5mm focal length equivalence.
- Internal Focus technology provides a compact build and enables fast autofocus during which the front lens elements do not rotate, which is ideal when using certain screw-on filters.
- Super Integrated Lens Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Built-in aperture control ring
- Compact, sturdy build