Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens Price & Specs
- Full Frame/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 32
- One SLD and Two FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Optical Stabilizer; Drop-In Filter Slot
- Magensium-Alloy Barrel & Brass Mount
- Dust- and Splash-Proof Construction
- Rotatable Tripod Collar with Click Stops
- Compatible with Sigma Teleconverters
Loaded with almost every piece of technology in Sigma's Global Vision arsenal, the 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Lens takes its spot as the flagship in the speedy Sports line. Available here with a Nikon F mount, this super telephoto lens lets you capture distant subjects, and with a speedy Hyper Sonic AF motor users will be able to easily track fast action. A relatively fast maximum aperture of f/4 furthers your imaging potential with excellent illumination for a lens of this class. One SLD and two FLD elements help ensure outstanding optical performance by minimizing aberrations and distortion while a Super Multi-Layer coating combats flare and ghosting. Also, this lens is equipped with an Optical Stabilizer system that compensates for up to 4 stops of shutter speed.
This large lens is designed to be used in some of the most trying conditions and is made from a durable and lightweight magnesium alloy. It is protected from dust and water and uses a brass bayonet mount. Filter users will appreciate a 46mm drop-in filter system while a rotating tripod collar is available for using the lens on a tripod or monopod. Additionally, the 500mm lens is fully compatible with Sigma's Global Vision teleconverter for getting an extended reach.
- As part of the Sports line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- This super telephoto 500mm f/4 prime lens is designed for full-frame format Nikon F-mount cameras, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 750mm equivalent focal length.
- A relatively fast f/4 maximum aperture provides excellent illumination for a lens of this focal length.
- One SLD and two FLD elements have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting. This optical design also helps to control distortion and limit vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. A dedicated switch on the barrel of the lens provides multiple AF modes, including a focus recall setting and AF off. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time. Two manual focus modes are available, the standard AF/MF option and an MO setting that switches the lens into manual even during continuous AF.
- Optical Stabilizer system can compensate for approximately 4 stops of shutter speed for sharper images. Two modes are available, one for general use and one for panning, which uses Intelligent OS for more effective panning in any direction.
- Compatible with Sigma Global Vision Teleconverters, this lens can be extended into a 700mm f/5.6 lens with the 1.4x teleconverter or a 1000mm f/8 lens with the 2x teleconverter.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Drop-in filter system works with 46mm filters. An optional RCP-11 Circular Polarizer filter is designed specifically for the lens and can be rotated while it is inserted.
- The lens barrel is constructed using a magnesium alloy that is lightweight and durable, which allows this lens to perform in a wide range of situations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- The lens hood is made of carbon fiber, a lightweight but strong material that will perform in tough conditions.
- A rotating tripod foot helps keep this lens secure during shoots and features antistatic nickel plating to improve durability. It features click stops every 90° and can be turned off with a de-clicking switch for smooth movement. The lens also comes with a dedicated strap for the tripod foot which limits strain on the camera mount.
- Dust- and splash-proof construction with rubber sealing to protect the mount and a water- and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear elements.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens Price in Pakistan