Rode VideoMic Suspension System
Rode VideoMic Suspension System Price & Specs
- A professional grade 1/2" condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders
- The Rycote Lyre shock mounting system provides isolation from external factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations
- The standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand
- Employs a super-cardioid polar pattern for highly directional recording, focusing on the subject in front of the camera
- Features a native 40Hz-20kHz response and a high-pass filter at 80Hz to prevent low-end noise such as traffic from being recorded
- A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD) allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport
Rode VideoMic Suspension System Overview
The RODE VideoMic is a professional grade 1/2 inch condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders. The VideoMic CPK Package includes the VideoMic along with various accessories: Windshield, Boom Pole, Microphone screw adaptor, and 25 feet. Headphone extension cable
The integrated Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides high quality acoustic suspension and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8 inch thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand. By employing a super-cardioid polar pattern, the VideoMic becomes highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimizing any surrounding sounds.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response, a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded. A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- 9V battery power
- Integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Three step PAD (0, -10, -20dB)
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield included
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold-shoe mount (3/8” thread)